buildingSMART International has introduced a strategic leadership Board for the first time.
We are delighted to announce the composition of the new board as:
- Patrick MacLeamy, Chairman; CEO & Chairman, HOK, USA
- Rasso Steinmann, Director, Institute of Applied Building Informatics, Germany
- Tiina Koppinen, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Skanska Oy, Finland
- Dirk Schaper, Managing Director, HOCHTIEF ViCon GmbH, Germany
- Jan Myhre, Director Professional Services, Statsbygg, Norwa
- Jeremy Watson, Vice-Dean & Professor, University College of London; Chief Scientist & Engineer, BRE, UK
Chris Groome was reappointed as Company Secretary.
Upon re-election as International Chairman, Patrick MacLeamy commented:
Our new Board is an important step toward our goals of broadening the reach of buildingSMART while continuing to build a first-rate professional approach to creating openBIM Standards for the global building and infrastructure industries.
The new Board Members bring a wealth of experience and extraordinary talents to buildingSMART, and I look forward to working with them to advance our mission.
It is intended that the Board will in future comprise senior individuals drawn from our Chapters all around the world, and we expect to add to this board with representative from Asia and America in due course.
This Board is in addition to the Management Executive Team. Members of the old ExCom have agreed to continue to serve in the Management Executive for the time being. In due course arrangement for the appointment of the Management Executive will be agreed with the board.
Thanks are expressed to all those who stood for election and to those who have agreed to serve buildingSMART International.