Please ensure that your submission includes:
- A detailed and concise abstract in 250-1,000 words that defines the project goal and how it was achieved, and explains how obstacles and challenges were overcome. The abstract is the key in the application, as you have the opportunity to showcase the breadth and depth of your project.
- Basic project information (including the name and location of the project, type of project, cost of project, organizations involved, stage of project).
- Statements from project participants and third parties, if possible, about their benefits by the use of buildingSMART solutions.
- Concrete examples of gained experiences in the projects, related to the use of buildingSMART solutions.
- A maximum of three images (300 dpi or higher resolution) in TIFF, JPEG, or EPS formats.
- Samples – such as models – from the projects.
All submitted material will be handled discretely by the jury. However, it will be appreciated if the material can be donated to the buildingSMART community and shared world-wide to demonstrate the use of open standards.
Items 1-4 are limited to three text pages – although appendices can be used to hold additional information, if necessary. Please be aware that items 1-5 may be published on buildingSMART International’s website.
Candidates for the buildingSMART Award Business Gain through Open Technology should upload their material and application using the online submission form no later than 12 September 2014. Further information can be sent via email to award@buildingSMART.org