The Model Support Group – MSG is an expert group to support the building and maintenance of buildingSMART IFC data model standards. MSG is responsible for the integrity and maintenance of the IFC specification and related specifications.
MSG is sponsored by the Technical Room, is a permanent working group and has responsibility across the entire standards community.
The purpose of the MSG is to:
- Provide technical development road map for the IFC specification including setting strategic technical goals and IFC specification architecture.
- Consolidation and final integration of new model specification requirements put forward by IFC extension projects.
- Continuous work to maintain the IFC model specification, improve its documentation, its property set content. Add or Review IFC Issues in our Issues Database.
- Maintain the issue resolution database, comment on issues and resolve them at the next appropriate IFC schema release.
- Work on the necessary accompanying documents, implementation guides, model guides, tutorials, reader guide, and others.
- Support the work of the ISG Implementation Support Group and help with the publishing of implementer agreements.
- Work with other buildingSMART committees and support the development of other buildingSMART standards IFD and IDM activities.
- Work with other external standardization groups to harmonize IFC definitions with other ISO standard deliverables.
Learn who is on the Group Steering Committee